Full Stack Software Engineer
What we do:
Our mission is to bring world-class healthcare to everyone, everywhere. We are accomplishing this by developing a computerized system that can automatically diagnose medical conditions for physicians and nurses. Physicians are massively over-burdened by legal requirements and inefficient technology, and too often patients slip through the cracks. HealthTensor is the world’s first comprehensive, automated diagnosis tool. Our system diagnoses and documents patient care for review, ensuring no one is overlooked.
We value excellence and are excited by challenges. We seek meaningful work and meaningful relationships. We aim to be the best at what we do. We’re backed by an incredible group of investors and work closely with some of the top health systems in the country. We are altering the way one of the largest and most inefficient industries in the world works, providing both a big financial opportunity and the responsibility of truly impactful work.
As a full stack software engineer at HealthTensor, you’ll be involved in all stages of the product development and deployment lifecycle: participate in idea generation, physician feedback, planning, design, prototyping, execution, shipping, and iteration. You’ll collaborate closely with engineering, design, and product colleagues to bring new features and products to life.
In a typical week, you may:
- Develop and deploy new, high impact features for physicians to care for patients
- Implement new diagnostic algorithms based on physician usage and feedback
- Support or own core technical infrastructure to ensure reliability and scalability
- Participate in agile planning, code reviews, and release testing
- Ramp up on new tools, share learnings with teammates, and learn from them
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years professional developer experience
- Excited about working with a fast-paced, small team in a dynamic startup environment
- Proficient with some of our tech stack: Python, React and related JS frameworks, AWS, Postgres
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about learning, improving, and helping your team do the same
- Willing to respectfully debate ideas, take pragmatic approaches, and work hard to accomplish goals with your team
HealthTensor is considering candidates looking to relocate to Los Angeles when the office re-opens as well as candidates looking for a fully remote position. HealthTensor has a physical office in Marina del Rey in Los Angeles, where most employees are based. We also have employees who work remotely. Both types of candidates are invited to apply.
HealthTensor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of all ages, races, ethnicities, colors, national origins, genders, gender identities and gender presentations, sexual orientations, disabilities, veteran status, and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. We celebrate diversity and are proud of our supportive, inclusive workplace.
If you’re interested in joining us, please send us an email.